Reinventing Dungeon

So, as I mentioned earlier, I pulled out my old Dungeon! board game. Since it was missing some pieces, I decided to create my own. Since I have quite a few D&D minis sitting around, I figured that I'd incorporate those into the game. Since I am who I am, it has quickly devolved into not just mking up new pieces to replace the old, but a complete redesign of the game with a d20 mechanic as opposed to 2d6. So far I have decided to maintain the six level dungeon board, but I now have twelve classes divided into three tiers (adventurer, heroic, and master). On top of that, there are simple, tiered spell lists, special abilites, and thelike. I want to retain much of the feel of Dungeon! but ramp it up just a little (without becoming a quasi-rpg initself). We shall see how it works out as I playtest it on my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!