Blogging A to Z: T is for Thickets (The Darkest of the Hillside)

OK, I'll admit to being way outside the cutting edge of the music scene. I guess that kinda happens when you become a family man. I'm not complaining, it just means that I'm a little slow on the uptake on what's going on out there. At any rate, I just got turned on to The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, an awesome Cthulhu Punk rock band. I've been a fan of bands like the Misfits and the Cramps for many years so these guys are right up my alley to be sure. Go check out their site here. Here's a youtube link to one of my current favotite songs by these guys: .

My investigations into Darkest of the Hillside Thickets have also yeilded some other cool findings such as Rue Morgue. The Rue Morgue Facebook page also turned me onto another cool Horror Punk/Rockabilly band the Young Werewolves. Here's a cool video from those guys.

So I'm happy. I've lost a few sanity points, added some new bands to my punk rotation on my iPod, discovered some cool new scenes going on that I wasn't tracking, and now have a wallet that is a bit lighter for it all. If you're a horror fan, a punk rock fan, you like Lamentations of the Flame Princess, etc, go check these links out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!