Blogging A to Z: R is for Relief Printing

Alrighty, so the other day I went over to my favorite online artseller and ordered a bunch of art supplies. I ordered a a bunch of stuff to make some linoleum prints. You know, I don't think I've made any lino prints since I was in High School (damn, and that was a hell of a long time ago). I know we did quite a few found object prints for zines in my punk days but that was a bit more spontaneous and in college I did a lot of etching and lithography. So anyway, my lovely wife has volunteered to sew up some flannel dice bags and I'm going to make up a print design for the dice bags. I'm fully intending on being at GENCON this summer so I'll hand out what I bring for free. I'm also thinking of making some hand printed T-shirts and the like. I'd sell some of this stuff but unfortunately I can't use the US military mail and the Status of Forces agreement bars me from conducting business through the Italian post, so I figure making a batch of stuff up and giving it out to those that are interested would be cool. So, I'm not sure if anyone is interested or if anyone is going to GENCON, but I'll hopefully be there and handing out some free stuff made by myself and my ubertallented wife Daisey.

Comments

  1. Sounds like cool stuff, unfortunately my summer con schedule only has room for Comic-Con. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Tim wanted me to make bags but I haven't given it a go yet. But now that the sewing room is clean ... we're getting closer.

    Have a great time, there. Hope you see a bunch of friendly faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I wish you guys could come. This will be my only chance to get back Stateside for a while I think and I'd love to meet my fellow Gammer/OSR/Blogger pals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JB, hey man, wanna play some LL at GenCon? I plan on running I4 (from the Deserts of Desolation series) this year if you're up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really nice of you to give stuff away and use your talents that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly you are lucky man to have an uber talented wife at your side. Have fun at the Con.

    Lazarus Lupin
    http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
    art and review

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Scad - yeah, I'd totally be down with that! Just give me the details and I'm there.

    @Karen - Thanks. I do that from time to time. It's a huge honor to me that people like my work. Even moreso when they ctually would like to have something I've done. Great satisfaction in that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!