Blogging A to Z: N is for New Art Supplies

Ah yes, perhaps nothing is more exciting for me than getting new art supplies. Comic books and role playing games come close, but I tell you, there is nothing quite like the thrill of opening a box of new paints, inks, brushes, paper, etc... This is the raw stuff of creation! I know in RPG circles, we often talk of creating worlds out of our imagination and that is exciting stuff. As a visual guy, nothing is cooler to me than taking a blank piece of paper and from that void of nothingness and my hand acting as a conduit for my imagination, just creating. Good stuff. So, yeah, I'm getting ready to place a new order. I'm thinking of getting some silkscreen supplies and doing some prints. I'd love more than anything to be able to make my artwork and prints availiable for sale, but unfortunately, one of the few drawbacks for me living in Italy is that I cannot directly use the US post office on base for business. Nor can I use the Italian post for selling due to the status of forces agreement and my Visa agreement. So hmmmm, I'm going to have to find a way to have a proxy seller or attend conventions and sell it that way. I'll have to think on this.

Comments

  1. The creative type in the audience like to talk tools and craft. Your entry about your workspace and creative process was a hit, so you absolutely must show more of the kind, especially if you ever get around to silkscreening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count on it! I just placed an order for some linoleum, water based printing inks, and paper. Ah, that should be much fun. It's been a few years since I've done some prints so I'll have to blog about the progress. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of a game called Conspiracy of Shadows, but I really dig the block print art style of that and want to play around with that a little.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!