Reving up my DIY Mojo

Whew, it was a crazy busy weekend of accompanying our guests from Seattle to several cool local attractions to give them a good taste (often literally) of the Veneto here in Italy. It has been lots of fun, but I haven't had much time for other projects. I DID get to work on a commission piece for Trey Causey's Wierd Adventures. I've pretty much completed the pencils so I'll send those off tonight so Trey can see what I've been up to before I start the inking work. I've got a few of my own projects that I'd like to work on before I head out to GENCON. I'm seriously thinking about begining a rather daunting DIY challenge as well. I'm a techie as well as an artist but I feel like my tech-fu is getting a bit rusty (I'm more on the IT Security management side of things than the hands on tech stuff these days). In order to facilitate getting my tech chops back up to par AND benefit my artistic skills, I'm thinking of building a Linux from Scratch system. I have a work station just sitting around and I'm thinking of starting from the ground up building my Linux box and then optimizing it to run GIMP and other open source tools as my desktop publishing/graphics workstation. I've attempted to do this in the past, but I just could not devote the time to it that I needed to (not that I have much time now). However, how cool would it be to be able to process my projects on a system that I've literally built from the ground up? Now that it my DIY challenge for myself, we'll see where it goes.

Comments

  1. Huzzah! I can't wait to see them. :)

    By the way, compliments continue to come in from proofreaders of the WA section drafts on your the salamander pic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!