It's A Family Tradition Part 2 or Portraits by the Artist as a Young Man

My six year old son Bear is SO excited about this blog. He wanted me to scan some of his art work in and share it with the world. I was working on a commission piece for Expeditious Retreat Press at the dining room table after I got off from work. My son grabbed several sheets of paper and a pencil and sat across from me. He knocked out several drawings while I was busy working on my preliminary sketches. He is quite the imaginative little guy. Here's some of his latest. Like father like son ;).

This is a battle with a fire breathing purple worm. Note the flaming arrows in the worms neck. I think is very much inspired by the dragon battle scene in Willow as we watched that for the first time last Sunday.

This is a map. Note the skull and crossbones. That denotes "skeleton land". The four corners are the four elements represented by a "monster of wetness", a "monster of goo", a "monster of wind", and a "monster of fire". There are carnivore mountains and a six mouthed goo monster in the picture as well as a volcano. Hm, where does he get this stuff ;)?


This is an encounter with a vampire.



And finally we have an epic battle between aliens and space monsters.

Comments

  1. Absolutely fantastic pictures, well done Bear. I don't know which one is my favourite, but I think it might be between the purple worm and the space battle, but then again it doesn't get much better than a six-mouthed goo monster. Maybe you and Dad can write some D&D stats for that one and then I can use it in my next game. Wouldn't that be a surprise for my players? Thanks for sharing your art Bear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carnivore Mountains - That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Wonderful stuff--who doesn't think that a six-mouthed goo monster is awesome? Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! He's got a really good sense of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bear was so excited to share these. I think we're going to do some weekly creature feature colaborations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope so. I will look forward to seeing Bear's inspiring and imaginative creations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!