German Beer, Bacon Pizza and Rules Wrangling

It is Friday and that means pizza night from our favorite local pizzeria (Pronto Pizza in Tori di Arcugnano is some of the best pizza I’ve ever had – a bit different from the American idea of pizza – and I’m going to get Italian bacon, better known as pancetta on mine), a nice real German beer (Winkler Brau Dunkel Doppel Bock or a Heffe Pils – OOOOOOOooooo my lord, the ONLY beer better is the Beglian Trapist stuff), and a rousing game of Rifts (wait what?!?). Not really, but I am going to pull the Palladium Fantasy Game off the shelf tonight and do a little data mining. I don’t participate in the game bashing stuff because, well, it makes about as much sense to me as people fighting over baseball, football, water polo, tennis, bowling, golf, horseshoes, competition pie eating, lacrosse or basket ball being a better sport (and if you like the one I don’t then you must be a mouth breathing, slack jawed, slope browed degenerate). I’m particularly interested in the insanity rules, addiction rules, and some of the magic systems such as the summoning and ritual magic. I don’t want to directly rip off the rules here (Hi Kevin!), but I think that there is room here to give me the inspiration to come up with my own system for my OSR Campaign. I’m also going to go through my Call of Cthulhu stuff, or more than likely just starting pulling one of the 1000+ gaming books that I have on my own private shrine to geekdom (I don’t know what the real number is cause I can’t be bothered to count ‘em). I’d be interested to know what other systems people like to rape and pillage for interesting tidbits to graft onto their own rule system of choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!