Christmas Cheer

And a good Christmas was had by all in the Bingham household today. I hope everyone else had a great time surrounded by loved ones. My son was so excited about the Dungeon! Board game. It was good o squeeze in a game (we had a lot going on so that is all we could manage). Again, it goes to show that the older games may be older but they are no less entertaining! I don’t really want to run down a list of gifts as I think it is rather crass, but I do want to mention that I received a silk screen printing kit today. I have to say that I’m ridiculously excited about it! I remember reading a while back on one of the message boards (I think it was rpg.net) where someone had posted a topic stating that RPGs are not art. I certainly don’t think that every RPG or RPG product is a work of art, but I certainly think that there are some finely crafted games and support products that I would consider a work of art. I’ve been tinkering away for many years on several RPG projects that have yet to see the light of day, but I do go through much the same creative process as I would on a fine art painting or print. Having said that, I can’t wait to put the screen print kit to use doing some of the art chores for my various RPG projects. Hrm, I wonder if I could silkscreen a map on cloth for my campaign setting? That would be something wouldn’t it? Hopefully 2011 will see the release of some of the projects that I’ve been tinkering away on (my love letter to the RPG hobby if you will). At any rate, enjoy you holiday weekend!

Comments

  1. Interesting thoughts. I agree there are some beautifully-crafted products that could be considered art. A cloth map would certainly be something too. All the best for the projects and merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Porky! Buon Natle e tanti aguri! I hope you have a great Holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!