A Little Follow Through

I started plotting my own Old School Gaming project back in 2006. Actually a little earlier due to some traffic at EN World discussing old school projects. With the advent of OSRIC, I really started to feel like things were going in the right direction and that I would really be able to create something and release it back to the community. I had a ton of ideas, but of course I'd always scrap them and move on. It is hard for me to really follow through on a project if I'm really the only driving force. I tend to move on to new shiny things. Yeah, I'm bad at that. However, today I actually finished the maps for Basalt Keep! I've also numbered the encounter areas. 160 of them total! The keep itself has four floors, a tower with six floors, and two sublevels. I'm actually quite pleased that I've maintained this forward momentum. Now I need to key the map areas. Like I said in my earlier post, not sure how long it'll take but I think with the current momentum, a few more weeks and I should have a substantial chunk ready for review.

Comments

  1. Thanks! It should be fun. The big thing for me is to actually see a project through to some form of completion. I feel like once I wrangle that beast, the rest of them will be easier to tackle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it JB. If you need help with illos or layout, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Scadgrad - Thanks! I think the first iteration is going to be a art free text and map only Open Game Content release. I'll then go back and do a nice layout with art depending on what the reception is and what feedback I get. Nice art BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!