"Tales Designed to Trizzle" Volume 1

A few months back, I ordered "Tales Designed to Trizzle Volume 1" which collects the first four issues of the aforementioned comic book by Michael Kupperman and published by Fantagraphics Books. The opening foreword by Robert Smigel sets the tone for what is to follow with the opening line of "I have diarrhea so I'' be brief". Tales Designed to Thrizzle is essentially an anthology of odd humor strips by Michael Kupperman. Some of you may be familiar with "Snake 'n Bacon" which I understand was on the Cartoon Network. This is where Snake 'n Bacon originated. For real. Stories and shorts about "Sex Blimps and Sex Holes", Bambifpow Jackson, Modern Chimp-Barbering Romance, and many many more. I for one, love this kind of humor (I loved Space Ghost Coast to Coast which has much of the same sort of humor). The artistic styling is reminiscent of magazine adds from the 1920's through the 1970's. There are many short sight gags and nonsense strips that play on odd but humorous imagery. I could go on and on but I won't mostly because I have to go to work no but I also don't have much else to say. I give this five out of five stars. So if you appreciated the movie "Amazon Women on the Moon", this collection of comics is right up your alley. Go get a copy. Me, I gotta finish getting ready for work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!