Perhaps an actual sustainable creative idea for me...

I'm getting the urge to actually do a full length comic book. I tend to get crazy urges like this that never really go anywhere so I need to be decisive and come up with a plan. The hardest part is to come up with an idea that is compelling enough for me to actually carry through. The things that have really been sticking out in my mind of late are things like H.P. Lovecraft, Strange Tales, Folk Lore, Myths, Grimm's Fairy Tales, Hellboy, X Files, Indiana Jones, Northern myths, etc. I think I can fairly easliy sustain something like that. When I was in school, all of my reports were on things like ghosts, big foot, UFO's, Loch Ness, the Bell Witches, Spiritualism, the Rosicrustians, and well, you get the idea. And when I say these were my school reports, I mean from the time I was in third grade doing my first book reports all the way through to the time I graduated. This has been one of the more consistent interests in my life (along with -*surprise!!!*- comic books, RPGs, punk and indie rock, science fiction and fantasy, medieval and ancient history, and movies dealing with all of the above). We'll see where this goes. I have a few ideas brewing and I think this might be a more stable and sustainable track for me creatively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!