Return of the Sea of O'Sr

Some of you may remember many years ago, an initiative in the OSR Blogosphere to encourage folks to create a shared world sandbox adventure setting known as the Sea of O'Sr. Here's one of the main blog posts about it from the Lands of Ara blog: http://carterscartopia.blogspot.com/p/sea-of-osr-adventure-path.html

For years, I've had this tucked away in my head and have really, really wanted to get back to this idea of creating a shared world sandbox for folks to adventure and create in. Being a huge Michael Moorcock fan and Elric Sailor on the Seas of Fate being my absolute favourite in the saga, the whole idea of a pandimensional etheral sea with many strange locations has absolutely fascinated me. I still think the idea behind the Sea of O'Sr is a great vehicle for it. Not sold on the name but I don't hate it either. Still a working title.

Anyway, I'd like to do more than just small islands like in the original concept. I'd like to encourage anyone who feels so inclined to create on whatever scale they feel comfortable with. Me? I'll all in of course. I see it as a good way for me to 1) satisfy my creative urges and let them go where they will 2) hone my cartographic, artistic, writing, and design skills. I'm going to keep this all freely available for folks to use. I have no intention of making this development effort a commercial affair. If you feel so inclined, please contribute. I hope others do. I'd like to see where this goes.

Here's a map for what is one of my efforts that I'm working on. It's entitled Basalt Keep of Wilven the Yellow. Please share your thoughts and contributions. Cheers and Happy gaming!



Comments

  1. Based on your encouraging words in your post from March, I've started work on my own little island. I hope we can get more people involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelvin, that would be awesome! I'm excited to see what you come up with. It's funny, your encouragement on my post in March really made me just go ahead and decide to dive in.

      Delete
  2. Bigg Boss 14
    Bigg Boss 14 Salman Khan to host the show in September.
    Bigg Boss 14
    bigg boss 14 colors tv show video episodes
    Bigg Boss 14 Episodes
    Bigg Boss 14 Contestants List

    Copy your video URL from youtube to mp3 that you need to download.
    youtube to mp3
    youtube downloader

    Video Shadi Mubarak Star Plus Watch Hindi Serial Full Episodes Online.
    Shadi Mubarak

    Video Pinjara Khubsurti Ka Colors Tv Hindi Series Video Episodes.
    Pinjara Khubsurti Ka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!