Hell Yes!! OD&D Whitebox to be re-released

OK, yeah, I've already got the original set and I have the Swords and Wizardry version, but I'm definitely down for WotCs re-release of the OD&D premium edition.  I am sure there is or will be a lot of banter as to WotC's motives and pricing ($150 is not cheap for a lot of folks).  Sure, this is not aimed at the casual gamer.  I do hope that WotC releases the pdf versions for the folks that don't want to pony up for a premium edition.  I for one am glad that at this point WotC is releasing all of their old material and reprinting some of it in premium formats.  I hope they continue to acknowledge that ALL of the versions of the game are viable options and none is necessarily a replacement for another.  I also hope they continue to at least maintain the live and let live attitude towards the clones and OSR material.  I see this as all potentially being a hell of a great time for being a gamer whether you are old school or not.  I do think it would be cool to see a re-release of the Rules Cyclopedia and the Holmes Basic amongst others.  What other stuff would you guys like to see?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!