Screw GenCon, I'm going Ghost Hunting!

I'm a dyed in the wool skeptic, but I have a deep and abiding interest in the paranormal.  I have never seen a ghost, an alien, nor have I encountered any other paranormal event.  I did grow up with my mother and grandmother's southern style ghost stories.  I loved them, but never experienced anything of the kind myself, and quite frankly I chalk it all up to some very vivid and impressive imaginations.  Having said that, I am very pleased to be invited on a ghost hunting trip to the supposedly very much haunted isle of Poveglia in the Ventian lagoon.  After all, how many times does such a thing get to come up?  I'm sure there is some gaming fodder in this trip for sure.  If nothing else, next Saturday, 11 August 2012 should make up for not getting to go to GenCon.  Me and my gaming group are going to be busy hunting ghosts :)! 

Comments

  1. Ghost hunting is fun. I have been on a few and have seen some things I cannot explain. Of course, there was this one where people were saying they were seeing something and I didn't see a thing.

    My take on the paranormal is that there are things in this world that cannot or will not be explained. Things do happen but the truth is obscured by those that seek attention or deliberately lie about encounters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine with the idea of things that cannot be explained, but I live in hope that one day everything will be explainable, hence being a huge fan of stuff like Cern. And, yup, skeptical rationalist through and through.

      Delete
  2. ummm....your parents live in a haunted house, and what about the door knob and the lamp shade, Mr. Skeptic, I've never experienced anything of the kind????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, there is that, but I believe that there must be something rational behind it, even if it is my own irrationality ;).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!