Cat in the City: Ostensible Cat at GenCon

OK, OK, so it's a week after the fact but I've had a cold and still jet lagged abit. But, I did have a great time at CenCon Indy 2011. I've never been to a major Con so I had absolutely no idea what I'd be in for. If you haven't gone before, I'd recommend going at least once for the sheer spectacle. It was very cool to be able to talk to RPG business folks like Joe Browning, Suzi Yee, Phil Reed, Diesel LaForce and others. It was even more fun to see the reactions to the OSR at a major con. The OSR group booth was pretty busy thoughout the con. I loved interacting with fellow old schoolers. It was a bit surreal to sign books that had my work in them but cool none the less. It was great to have the Gygax Memorial Fund folks sharing a booth and to be able to talk to Gail Gygax. I donated and picked up a copy of "Cheers Gary". I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of the comments in the book that they chose was mine. Yep, that's me on page 299 ;) right after Rob Connely. I am honored to be doing some art for Adventurer Conqueror King nd I picked up a few new clients while I was there as well as selling a few original pieces. It was cool to meet fellow old schooler/artist/blogger Tony "Scadgrad" Mullins. I wish we had bit more of a chance to hang out and game or something. Ah, maybe next time! At any rate, here's some pics of GenCon:












Comments

  1. Awesome pics. The OSR needs to descend, en masse, on Gencon in 2014, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aaron - that's a fantastic idea! My son will be ten years old then and the perfect age for GenCon. Hm, this might need to circulate through the OSRshpere...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!