While the Cat's Away...

I hope everyone out there had a great Halloween. We sure did here. I am sure that the kids will have candy for several months to come! At any rate, I've been pretty busy working away at some art and I have a piece to share. This one is for an upcoming release from Expeditiour Retreat Press entitled Mouth of the Shadowvein in their Advanced Adventures line:
I always greatly enjoy working on pieces for Joe and Suzi. The adventures always have that great old school look and feel and it is a hell of a lot of fun working on them. I've got some collaborations with my beautiful and most tallented wife Daisey on some covers that I'll share soon. I've also been working on finishing some more art for Adventurer Conqueror King. I'm pretty excited about those as well.

Upcoming, I'm dabling in fiction writing and looking on doing something with that. It's still too early to say much more on that front, but I'm having a lot of fun and trying to get in some practice by writing 1000 words a day.

I've got my adventures to get back to with a few odds and ends in art commissions. It's been busy but good!

Comments

  1. Maybe it's an old repressed fear, but that centipede floor gives me the willies. Great piece,Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture and yes, your wife is both beautiful and talented. She's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cake - Thanks!

    @Whisk - Thanks and I agree, she is a keeper ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way you handle light and shadow in this one, especially on the wall ridges. Did you ink this with a brush?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aos- yes, I pretty much do all of my inking by brush these days. My preference is a number 4 sable hair. I have quite a few brushes, nibs, and other tools, but I find there are really only about two brushes and one crow quill nib I use with any regularity. Oh yeah, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!