Virtual Gary Con? Sign me up!

I wasn't planning on attending Gary Con this year, but am looking forward to next year's convention being my first. It's kinda strange having been a fairly active participant in the OSR since 2005 or so, but living overseas has kept me from really being able to meet people in the community (other than the time I attended Gen Con in 2011). Because of that, I feel somewhat isolated from the community and that really does kinda bum me out a bit. However, I am pretty excited about the whole idea of a vritual Gary Con. I know, I know, it isn't the same as being able to attend in person, but not being able to really attend any conventions in person makes the virtual convention attractive to me. I hope that everyone weathers the storm of Covid-19 and stays healthy and safe. We've been somewhat fortunate here in New Zealand to not have had much of an outbreak, but we are at the begining of Autumn down here and I suspect that it might make for a rather hairy cold/flu season. Already we've had a lot of pretty gnarly bugs going around down here and the season hasn't really kicked off yet. So I hope that doesn't bode ill for us.

At any rate, if you don't know, here's the link to the virtual Gary Con XII this year: https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xii-virtual-tabletop-gaming?fbclid=IwAR2q-wz4vVUgSHwWrBwfygpOWQxxdDFmNutN3yJVkKfQZo9Ofqn5DpjWcOQ. Anyone else going to be hosting or playing anything? I'm keen to hear what everyone else is doing, so please tell me about any games you are playing in or hosting. Cheers and happy gaming!

Comments

  1. Stay safe and well this Autumn. I think the online idea is fun. Even if not in person but still online. Hey, why not. Enjoy. Stay safe. Game on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!