Yay me! I Actually Won Something!

I've been a fan of James Raggi's work for quite sometime. I think he has taken the OSR in some interesting directions. Love or hate his work (or him), you have to admit that he has had an impact on the OSR and Hobbyist Game Development. For my part, I like the fact that he is bringing us to strange new vistas. Lamentations of the Flame Princess RPG and modules such as Death, Frost, Doom are incredibly flavorful and evocative.

I've secretly wanted to contribute to the LotFP canon for quite some (although I thought it'd be for artwork - but I bungled that one - much to my dismay). So, it was quite on a lark that I decided to contribute to the Magic Item contest. You can read my contribution here. So in the end, my secret desire has come true and I'm happy that I get to contribute in some way to Mr. Raggi's work.

Comments

  1. Congrats! That's a very fun, flavorful little gem you've created. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You well deserved it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, well done Johnathan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank! It was great fun. I've been trying to work on my writing chops so this is pretty validating for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, very good Johnathan. Who knew the old stinky eye would win you a contest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, certainly not me. I totally did that one on a whim but it was great fun. It was almost a stream of consciousness effort. I James also paid me to do some artwork for that one and I think it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!