I've found the secret of adding more time to my day!

Really I'm kidding but if anyone knows, please pass it along! Sometimes there just isn’t enough time in the day to get everything done that needs to get done. Add the stuff that you want to do and well…

So my art commissions continue apace and I’m pretty excited about them. It seems that the opportunities out there for projects that I’d love to work on keep expanding exponentially. That is an incredibly good thing and it shows that the DIY hobbyist gamers and the OSR are kicking some major butt to get some incredibly great stuff out there. If only I could 1) add about four more productive hours to my day and 2) find the energy to sustain myself to actually be productive for those extra hours. I tell you, what a difference from a few short years ago. There were very few projects and I’d go for long periods without doing any art. Now, I’m at my drawing board almost every day (and that’s after a full 9 hours+ at my day job and family time). Good stuff, keep it coming.

Speaking of which, Stuart over at the Strange Magic Blog has been putting out some great reimagining of classic monsters. More precisely, he’s been taking monsters that have been perceived as strange or lame and reimagining them in a way to make them a little more interesting. I especially like how he approaches the concepts of some of these critters from the perspective of the local populace. For instance, the flail snail – what if the projections on the head aren’t really flails but that was just how some of the local folks perceived them. Instead, they were appendages similar to the carnivorous sundew plant. I think this is a brilliant way to approach some of the strange or goofy critters. It is similar to the medieval bestiaries. Go check it out!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!