Basalt Keep of Wilven the Yellow Digital Art Experiment

I have been playing around with some of the digital art tools that I have to see what kind of feasability there was to doing some of my artwork totally digital. Right now, I pretty much do everything traditionally, but then scan it in and alter it as needed. I have an older Wacom Intuos 3 that I haven't gotten much mileage out of, but really wanted to take it for a spin. I also have Clip Studio Paint, Corel Painter 2017, and GIMP, that I kind of dabble with off and on. I am a huge comics fan, and I liked how my sequential art pieces turned out for the Astonshing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea hardback, so I figured I'd like to do some comicbook style stuff in my own style for the Basalt Keep adventure. I really liked the contrast piece that I did in felt marker some time back of Wilven in his lab (below) and figured I'd like to try and do something similar - except completely digitally.

I tried out my Wacom tablet in Gimp but was having some issues. The pen was jerky and didn't feel natural. I tried to fiddle with the drivers but that didn't yield good results until I found some older drivers and destroyed them. I was then pretty pleased with the marker effects in Clip Studio Paint. I think it pretty effectively captured a similar look to the picture of wilven in his lab pic I did.
And it is COMPLETELY digital. There is no real world piece for this, not even the thumbnails I tend to do on typing paper. I dig it and will continue to experiment. I'd like to hear what you think. Cheers and happy gaming!

Comments

  1. Looks good! I haven't got the hang of all-digital drawing yet. There's a disconnect between drawing in front of me as normal, but the drawing appearing on the screen that confuses my brain a bit. I think that will go with practice, but I need to just make that jump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bigg Boss 14
    Bigg Boss 14 Salman Khan to host the show in September.
    Bigg Boss 14
    bigg boss 14 colors tv show video episodes
    Bigg Boss 14 Episodes
    Bigg Boss 14 Contestants List

    Copy your video URL from youtube to mp3 that you need to download.
    youtube to mp3
    youtube downloader

    Video Shadi Mubarak Star Plus Watch Hindi Serial Full Episodes Online.
    Shadi Mubarak

    Video Pinjara Khubsurti Ka Colors Tv Hindi Series Video Episodes.
    Pinjara Khubsurti Ka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!