Adventurer Conqueror King Release in PDF

I'm pretty thrilled to have been able to in a very small part, contribute to Autarch's Adventurer Conqueror King (latest info here).  I know there have been various attempts at Domain play for old school versions of D&D.  ACK covers this stuff exceptionally well.  In my current group, the gang is still only 1st level, but I'm encouraging them to think in terms of where they want to go with their character concepts.  ACK fits that bill nicely.  I was fortunate enough to be at the Old School Renaissance Booth at Gen Con this past summer and met Tavis and Ryan.  I picked up a prerelease softcover version of the rules and have been pretty excited about trying out some of the concepts.  I think that there is a lot to like here.  Especially for those folks playing older versions of D&D (or retroclone flavor of D&D), this makes a good companion work to expand the high level domain play.  If that sounds like it's your bag, go check it out. 

Comments

  1. I saw this and was initially excited, but then I had another look at my Rules Cyclopedia and just sort of shrugged. I'll probably spring for the PDF, but I can't imagine that it will replace the excellent system in RC that many of us already have. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll certainly take a look, but I'd like to read someone's (hopefully, a neutral reviewer) review before throwing down on the print copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, you're right in that RC had a good system that is perfectly fine. I don't want to take away from that. However, RC can be a little hard to find sometimes (well, eBay) but it can be a bit pricey (when I got mine they were all in the $40 to $50 range). So I think for those who want to supplement their LL or OSRIC or other games, this is a good solution.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neurodiversity and Dragons - the adventure begins!

I like pie!